Contact & Location
Wostmann and Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm with offices in Juneau and Anchorage, Alaska and remote staff in the Contiguous United States. We provide software engineering, technology integration, system analysis, project management, quality assurance and information security services. For more than three decades, we have served state and federal agencies and private sector clients. We provide practical results for our customers through the informed use of information technology and a solid understanding of business needs, culture and technical environment. Primary responsibilities:
- Perform systems analysis and software design, development, testing, and deployment using various technologies.
- Define and document scope, development approach, technical requirements, and system documentation
- Perform data analysis and report development.
- 5+ years of software experience with a focus on Java/EE and/or C#/.NET, systems analysis, requirements and design.
- Experience with web application development and relational databases.
- Experience on a variety of technology projects as individual contributor and as lead, coordinator, and/or project manager.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of web applications and relational databases.
- Demonstrated ability to learn business processes and technologies quickly and effectively.
- Ability to understand technical details and facilitate between users and technical staff.
- Strong documentation skills, including requirements, specifications and process flows.
- Results-oriented and ability to show initiative and creativity to identify pragmatic solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and on teams, both remotely or on-site.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, effectively and sympathetically.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and work effectively in teams, including internal, external, remote staff.
- Demonstrated flexibility and eagerness to assist outside of standard skill set.
- Outstanding problem-solving, critical thinking, relationship-building, coordination skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to initiate, manage, learn, plan and perform assignments with limited instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, manage detail and handle challenging situations.
- Experience developing work estimates, tasks and overall project approach and schedule.
- Ability to work flexible or non-standard work hours when necessary.
- Ability to work from home office or from client site as assigned.
- Willingness to travel to and work from customer sites in Alaska and the Pacific Northwest.
- B.S. degree or higher; preference for information systems, science, engineering and/or business
- Proficient relational data modelling skills and database development experience with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience developing web applications, XML web services, desktop applications and mobile applications.
- Experience with Java and/or .NET solution development and XML web services development.
- Experience and affinity with multiple programming languages such as C# in addition to Java.