Contact & Location
Wostmann Associates, Inc., is a leading Alaska-based IT consulting firm serving government and business customers for more than 30 years. We provide systems integration, software engineering and development, business systems analysis, reporting and analytics, project management and cyber security consulting. We hire experienced professionals with a record of successful projects who possess a balance of technical, people, and consulting skills. Our work is primarily project-based where we are embedded with customer teams to enhance system integration, applications, and user experience. We are looking for someone to join our Juneau team as a Software Architect/Engineer and Developer/Analyst. Competitive compensation and benefits are available for this position.
- Provide an overall architectural framework for application development, maintenance, and enhancement efforts.
- Perform complex architectural design and development to integrate new applications with the existing environment.
- Works with the client and other contractors, as required, to ensure changes in the client environment are not negatively affected through new applications, features, and modifications.
- Responsible for systems analysis, UX design, software design, development, testing and deployment recommendations. Translates system requirements into technical designs.
- Lead and participate in projects of various sizes.
- Work primarily in Juneau but may work with remote project participants
- B.S. degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in systems analysis, requirements, software engineering, database design, interfaces, and reporting, with at least 2 years of recent experience providing complex application architectural design services.
- Experience in IT projects as contributor, lead, and project manager/Scrum master
- Familiar with determining work estimates, tasks, and a variety of project approaches including agile and predictive/critical path.
- Possess strong documentation skills in creating requirements, process flows, system specifications and documentation.
- Demonstrate solid problem-solving, relationship-building, communication, and coordination skills
- Learn and apply technologies and business processes quickly and effectively
- Assertive and able to collaborate well with users, technical staff, and management
- Work well independently and on teams
- Show initiative in handling multiple assignments
- Results-oriented, flexible, and creative
- Eager to learn, self-starter, and support team outside of current skills
- Initiate, manage, and perform work with limited instruction
- Work flexible or non-standard work hours, when necessary
Experience preferred with the following technologies:
- Distributed applications, relational databases, reporting
- Web and mobile applications, XML web services
- Service oriented architecture
- Oracle, Enterprise JAVA and J2EE
- MySQL, SQL Server Reporting Services, Power BI
- Data modeling and designing underlying databases