Contact & Location
Wostmann and Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm with offices in Juneau and Anchorage, Alaska and remote staff in the Contiguous United States. We provide software engineering, technology integration, system analysis, project management, quality assurance and information security services. For more than three decades, we have served state and federal agencies and private sector clients. We provide practical results for our customers through the informed use of information technology and a solid understanding of business needs, culture and technical environment. Primary responsibilities:
- Perform all phases of project management and leadership; scoping, requirements and workplans and actively managing tasks, coaching staff, identifying, and resolving issues, and handling various forms of communication.
- Develop plans and manage iterative development cycles, system testing, user training and system support.
- Facilitate work sessions to elicit requirements, understand needs and priorities of the customer, and help determine an appropriate scope and approach to a project.
- Develop business and system requirements, research alternative solutions, and make recommendations based on client needs and professional experience.
- Lead and participate on projects of various size and complexity.
- Support new business development opportunities.
Minimum 5 years of experience in project management, systems analysis, software development, reporting, and/or business/financial/technical operations roles.
- Familiar with software development and iterative development methodologies.
- Experienced in technology projects as project manager.
- Experience forming and leading teams including defining roles and recruiting, mentoring, and coaching team members.
- Familiar with developing work estimates, tasks, and project approaches.
- Excellent writing skills; documenting requirements, specifications, process flows, gap analyses, and system documentation.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, relationship, communication, and coordination skills.
- Ability to learn and apply technologies and business processes quickly and effectively.
- Work well independently and on teams.
- Demonstrated initiative in handling multiple assignments.
- Results-oriented, flexible, and creative.
- Eager to learn, self-starter, and able to support team beyond current skills.
- Able to initiate, manage, learn, and perform work with limited instruction.
- Able to occasionally work flexible or non-standard work hours, when necessary.
- Results-oriented and ability to show initiative and creativity to identify pragmatic solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and on teams, both remotely or on-site
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, effectively and sympathetically
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and work in matrix teams, including internal, external, remote staff
- Demonstrated flexibility and eagerness to assist outside of standard skill set
- Outstanding problem-solving, critical thinking, relationship-building, coordination skills
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to initiate, manage, learn, plan and perform assignments with limited instruction
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, manage detail and handle challenging situations
- Ability to work flexible or non-standard work hours when necessary
- Ability to work from home office or from client site as assigned
- Willingness to travel to and work from customer sites in Alaska and the Pacific Northwest
B.S. or B.A. degree in business or technology field.
- PMP or Business Analysis certificate preferred, not required.
- Prior consulting or contracting experience preferred, not required, either inside a company or with external customers.