Contact & Location
Wostmann and Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm with offices in Juneau and Anchorage, Alaska and remote staff in the Contiguous United States. We provide software engineering, technology integration, system analysis, project management, quality assurance and information security services. For more than three decades, we have served state and federal agencies and private sector clients. We provide practical results for our customers through the informed use of information technology and a solid understanding of business needs, culture and technical environment. Primary responsibilities:
- Analyze business processes, propose improvements and new processes, identifying hassle points and options to resolve.
- Elicit and develop business and system requirements, research alternative solutions, and make recommendations based on client needs and professional experience.
- Facilitate work sessions, understand needs and priorities of the customer, and help determine an appropriate scope and approach to a project.
- Research, analyze, recommend software and system changes or solutions.
- Participate and/or lead projects of various size and complexity.
- Minimum 5 years of experience performing business and systems analysis, research, reporting, process improvement, and/or business/financial/technical operations.
- Familiar with software development and iterative development methodologies.
- Experience in technology projects; experienced in researching and analyzing systems, products, and tools.
- Able to coordinate system design, development and implementation.
- Experience documenting user stories, requirements, specifications, process flows, gap analyses, test cases, and systems.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving; demonstrated problem-solving, communication, and coordination skills.
- Familiar with diagramming and modeling business processes; identifying process and technology improvements.
- Experience in financial analysis with understanding of key performance measures.
- Experience working with data, identifying, and resolving data issues, data cleansing.
- Experience with participating in and/or coordinating system testing, tracking issues.
- Able to learn and apply technologies and business processes quickly and effectively.
- Experience defining and creating reports; ability to know how to pull, analyze and report data via queries and reporting tools.
- Results-oriented and ability to show initiative and creativity to identify pragmatic solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and on teams, both remotely or on-site
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, effectively and sympathetically
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and work in matrix teams, including internal, external, remote staff
- Demonstrated flexibility and eagerness to assist outside of standard skill set
- Outstanding problem-solving, critical thinking, relationship-building, coordination skills
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to initiate, manage, learn, plan and perform assignments with limited instruction
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, manage detail and handle challenging situations
- Ability to work flexible or non-standard work hours when necessary
- Ability to work from home office or from client site as assigned
- Willingness to travel to and work from customer sites in Alaska and the Pacific Northwest
- B.S. or B.A. degree in business or technology field preferred.
- Business Analysis or PMP certificate preferred,
- Prior consulting or contracting experience preferred, not required, either inside a company or with external customers.